We weren’t surprised when we read that 86% of jobseekers with smartphones would use one in their job hunt. Mobile apps are a great way to search for jobs, as they offer constant access to the latest vacancies and opportunities; whether you’re in the comfort of your own home on a tablet, or out and about using your smartphone. For recruitment companies, developing mobile apps is a great strategy for standing out above your competition, and showing your commitment to keeping on top of the latest digital trends. To learn more about the changing mindset of job hunters in the past 3-4 years and how that has affected the industry, read our blog post ‘The Mobile Revolution and Recruitment’.
We’ve taken a look at the cream of the crop of recruitment apps, available on iPhones, Android devices and tablets, and have found these five, which have really impressed us. Whether you are a candidate job-hunting, or a recruitment company looking to build a smartphone app, the following should give you some food for thought:
- Jobsite Jobs: This free app allows you to trawl through over 30 industry sections, and save jobs as you go. We liked the fact that you can set reminders to view jobs, in an hour, this evening or at the weekend which means you have no excuse for missing the application deadline. The app is available on iOS and Android devices.
- Pocket CV: This nifty app allows you to build a stunning CV and edit it on the go. All you need to do is input various sections about yourself and the app will build your CV layout for you and save it as a document. Then you can edit it whenever you like, on the go. The app costs £1.99 and is available on iOS.
- Job Interview Questions Prep: A great idea for an app, and something that every nervous candidate could use! This app is among a whole heap of ones aimed at giving advice on how to improve your interview and tighten up your answers. A job interview coach is on hand to offer you help through videos. There’s both free and premium versions on iOS.
- Job Aware: This smartphone app allows you to search for jobs near you using built-in GPS. You can also compare salaries for hundreds of occupations, which is currently only available in the US but gives you a good idea of average wages.
- Monster Jobs: Another huge job website, but we thought this app had some nice features which smaller recruitment firms could use. For a start, it’s very well designed with the brand colour purple featuring heavily. It also allows you to receive notifications when new jobs that fit your criteria appear on the market. Handy! It’s free and is available on iOS and Android devices.
We design and develop mobile apps for our customers, including this iPhone app for Sanderson Recruitment, as a means for the organisation to further engage with their candidate and client base. Get in touch for more information on how Fifteen Ten could help you.