- Following on from our previous article about the ways in which lockdown living has influenced the ways we work
- Why you should harness the power of video technology for your business
- Different types of video useful for recruitment marketing
- How you can use video to reach more clients and candidates, keep their attention and present your brand in an engaging way
What makes video great for recruitment marketing?
Connection is the central point of all credible marketing activity! When your recruitment marketing includes speaking directly to your audience by sharing your values and visions in your unique voice, you can cultivate a loyal following of those who ‘get’ you. They are more likely to be the ones who will invest in your business because they believe in what you are doing.
By using a range of video tools you can show clients and candidates
- who makes up the business
- what you offer your clients
- life ‘behind the scenes’
- what’s important to you
- how you are able to solve their problems
We have more time to connect virtually now so make it count! With people online for longer, more opportunities are provided to show them why you are so good at what you do. Video can help to do this in so many ways – not just on your recruitment website, but your social media accounts and advertising content too.
COMPETITION is on…
Video is already an important part of the recruitment marketing strategy for increasing numbers of companies with more and more seeing the benefit…
- 7 out of 10 marketers in this study of video marketing statistics said their video marketing budget for 2021 will increase.
- In this stats roundup on the impact of coronavirus on marketing, over 80% of marketers reported greater audience reach due to elimination of barriers to physical presence (travel, accommodation booking, capacity of venues, etc.)
What should we use and why?
This could be celebrating inspirational people in and out of the office. Demonstrates striving for true excellence as a feature of your company.
Animation could be used to highlight vision and values or to introduce video clips. It is useful for social media where short snappy videos are key. Branding and training videos also benefit from animation as it can break up and create energy around content that is heavy on data.
How do you make sense of the trends within the industry in your own unique way?
Day in the life
Great for focus on a particular role. Highlighting tasks, responsibilities, the employee’s insight on why their job is vital to the company and what they find rewarding about it.
Providing testimonials in a video format is a more engaging way to show visitors to your recruitment website, social media or blog what working with you is really like. Seeing someone speak firsthand about what they do and why they love it is more likely to establish trust with a potential candidate than reading about it in text form.
Behind The Scenes
Can be used to focus more on your company as a whole, how a particular aspect works, or perhaps a certain team. Videos used to this effect enable you to share your company culture, vision and values up close and personal.
Perhaps you want to share how your annual Christmas party was absolutely off the wall pre-Covid and how you made it as fun as you could this year? To showcase some industry leaders’ speeches at a conference, team events that demonstrate how you create community at your company, or ways in which you’ve made events happen virtually in lockdown. Use event videos to show how you do you and how you do it brilliantly.
A chance to show people what’s unique about you. You could feature interviews with employees showing what you are proud of as a company, or telling the story of how you got to where you are now.
Making the right choice
One size does not fit all when it comes to using video. You’ll want a different approach for video on your recruitment website to that for the content in your email marketing for example. This is all about knowing
- What suits this form of media best?
- What do I want to say?
Video can be used in a recruitment marketing strategy across
- Your recruitment website
- Careers and recruitment blogs and resources
- Social media – Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram
- Email marketing
- Ads and promo content
A great recruitment marketing strategy will look at who your audience is, what they want and what works well with this demographic. Different styles of video content can be used across different platforms to match both the platform and the people who are viewing it. This is why it helps to have guidance from those who know video really well, as they can quickly and easily analyse this data to come up with a strategy to perfectly complement your unique business needs.
Summary in stats
- 84% of video marketers say video has helped them generate leads [ref]
- 94% of video marketers say video has helped increase user understanding of their product or service [ref]
- 86% of video marketers say video has increased traffic to their website [ref]
- 87% of brands who have a video marketing strategy say it provides a good return on investment [ref]
- 91% of webinar marketers say they’ve been a success [ref]